Do you want to create your own photography website? Don’t worry. In 2020, you don’t need any technical skills even if you want to build a highly professional photography portfolio website..! In fact, it is easier than Photoshop..!! If you want to make amazing photography or its portfolio or any related photographer website, then you are in the right place. We updated 2020 latest technology. So, forget everything, Just follow this post, you are able to create your dream website.
After reading the first section of this page, You can make a Typical or General Photography Website & Portfolio. If you read this entire page, then you can do anything including selling photos Online from your website in America & worldwide, Art Store, Inserting a booking system, your studio business website, Make Money from your website using Google Adsense or other ad networks, Amazing 3D Portfolio, photography blog, Tours, Inserting Instagram feed on your website, all Social media stuff, Promoting your photography brand, etc. You can even sell Photo Prints On Different Things In the USA, as well as Word-Wide with automated deliveries from your website without any skill…!
Do you want to make exactly like the New York #1 Photographer Brandon Stanton website?
or Thomas Vijayan Website?
or any American style website or any popular photographers like Said Mhamad, Mario Testino, Murad Osmann, Paul Nicklen, Chris Burkard, Steve McCurry, Clark Little, Terry Richardson, Katie Orlinsky? Or best photographers in NewYork like Michael Kormos Photography website or David Noles Photography website? or any general photographer’s site in your area?
(Note: If you own a good website, then your studio name will come first on Google even you don’t get enough reviews)
Or Want to create a niche photography site only like a travel photography website? wedding photography, Pregnant photography, Fashion Photography, Food Photography, Architectural photography, Candid photography, Documentary photography, Landscape photography, Night-long exposure photography, Conceptual/ fine art photography, Portraiture, Sports, Street, War, Wildlife, photo-journalism, Photo-blog, or want to include everything?
Yes, You can..! Once you finished this page, you are able to make any type of website..! You can create within a day..!
You can build a great website as your own imaginations, creativity, or dreams
In this page, I guided ( with step by step) the best 2 Different Methods To Make Your Own Photography Website Yourself. So that you no need to read any other web design tutorial. Because mainly these 3 methods exist.
(Choose The One Method You Liked)
- The first method is too easy. You can make a website A-Z within 50 minutes. It is Quick & Easy. No Skill required. Easier than photoshop. You can learn, create, publish, run, Client proofing-management, sell photos, frames, printing on any things & start to promote within a day.
- The 2nd method is so advanced, but a little bit difficult than the first one. You can do almost anything you imagine..! No coding skills required. But you may need 3 to 6 days to get familiar with it.
How This Tutorial Will Help You?
- You can sell photos, prints, frames, creating image management, Promotion, an Amazing portfolio, and everything as a photographer requirements using the latest 2020 technology. You no need any coding skills to do this & it is easier than you might think.
- These ways are the best methods in the world. So you no need to worry about the end-website & technical aspects.
- In this page, I showed how you can create your photography website using different methods. So choose the one you liked
- Millions Of Websites Already Created Using these Methods..! So you no need to worry about Reputation or Trustworthiness.
- I explained step by step with no step skipped. So No Confusion.
- If you got any problem, you can comment below & get a response within 24 hours directly from the Author or send your problem to the contact page. If you want to contact me, then you can shoot a mail to my personal email firstname.lastname@example.org So No Fear.
Now Forget everything, Just follow this tutorial
Okay… Let’s begin with the first method
Sign Up On Wix Photography
Wix is the easiest true 100% drag and drops website builder in the world. There are none other website builders easier than Wix that I can bet you..! If you want a quick & easy website builder, then Wix is the perfect choice for you.
Wix integrated a separate section for Photography. This motivated many top photographers to create their website using Wix.
Wix included much-advanced drag and drop tools and software. Also, It is a standard method. Using this method already 100+ million websites created.
Let’s see how to make a website using Wix with step by step.
1. Create An Account & Pick a Photography Template
Required Time:-30 → 40 Seconds
Go to Wix Photography, then Click Get Started & Create an account.
Enter your email & password or sign up with google or facebook account.
After signing up, sometimes Wix show you two option like this. then choose Wix Editor – Choose a Template
Next, you will see to pick the photography website template you love. Don’t think too much & waste your time. Because It is 100% drag & drop, so the template doesn’t matter, you can modify later.
Just hover on the template, Then you will see Edit or View. Click Edit.
Once you clicked on edit, it takes a few seconds to load the site builder editor. Wait until it is loaded. Once it is loaded, it will show you a 2-minute video tutorial. You must watch that video.
After watching the video, click start now. Then you will see the site builder editor.
2. Edit The Photography Template
Here is the screenshot of the editor.
- Click on the text ⇒ Delete the old text ⇒ Edit the text you want.
- Click on the text (Or any elements like images, button etc) ⇒ Right click ⇒ You will see all options like edit text, Animate, Overlapping items and more. See this screenshot.
Now start to Build Your Own Website using Ready-Made Drag & Drop Functions.
Click Plus (“+”) Button to add web elements like text, image, button, gallery, contact form, menu, video, music, blog, payment system or click more for 100’s of web apps for your website. I highly recommend you to watch every video that you will see on the site editor.
- Click on More (at the end) and see hundred more amazing functions.
- You no need to learn anything.
- Just click which function you want.
- This will add to your webpage automatically
- Then you can Drag & Drop to change its position.
- Within all functions Hundreds of different types available & Every type you can make thousands of customization..!!
- You no need to worry about anything. Here you will get everything, Your work will be crazy something & the surprising thing is you can make anything with nothing.
- You can change or add any images.
- You can change the background with stunning designs. Here hundreds of wonderful background design collections will make you excited.
- You can also change the color of each design.
To add more pages or edit different pages, go to top the menu & navigate which page you want to edit.
3. Upload Your Photos, Manage And Customize The Gallery
You get a lot of gallery related options on the site editor.
There are many media and gallery settings that give you more control over your photos.
Layout settings make your website to look better like your needs and dreams.
First Publish your website & get a domain name, Then add apps & do more thins. Because if you upload your photos and adding apps, then sometimes Google will index your photos & text. After you get your domain, then all your pages & images web address will change. So it will badly impact on your website. I highly recommend you within 1 or 2 days publish it & get a domain name, Otherwise, when you want to upgrade & getting a domain, you may face some problems. It is not Wix problems, But the Google & other search engine works like that.
4. First Publish Your Photography Website, Then Do More Things
Once you make something on your web page, you should either save or publish your site. Otherwise, your work will get discard..!!
Publish means to make your site publicly accessible. No one will get your website at the beginning. Google always index slowly for newer sites.
- It takes at least 1 week to get appear Your website on Google
- If your website shared by many people & linked on many sites like news channels or any trusted website, then you must have something good information on your website. So Google gives more importance to your website pages.
- Remember, Google considers website age also as one of the factors to give a higher index to your site. So, publish your website first.
Google always index slowly to avoid spam or untrustful websites.
So Publish Your Website now, before it is too late or before your competitors take your position.
At the beginning you may make several mistakes, that doesn’t matter.
Click Publish button that is in the Top Right Corner that I showed with red arrows
Once you clicked on publish button, you will see this box.
Click Upgrade Now, That I showed with a red arrow.
Once you clicked on Upgrade Now Link, you will see this page.
I recommend you to buy the Unlimited plan.
Click on buy now. Fill out the details of your card information.
Click Submit purchase to get your hosting.
Once you submitted purchase, you will get all the information to your email (The Email that you used to create your account at the beginning)
Read twice your email. Click the link that is given in the email.
5. Get a Domain Name
Next, you will see to get your domain name for completely FREE. (Usually, a domain name costs around $12-$15/year)
Once you clicked on “Buy a New Domain” You will see a search bar.
There you just type, which name you want to give your website.
Most of the time, you may see the domain name is not available.
Because someone who already registered that domain name.
Domain name is your website home page URL or your website address. Example:- www.google.com, www.selenagomez.com, ducktoluck.com, websitebuilderly.com. No need to take .com only. there are many wonderful domain exstensions available other than .com. E.g www.gatesfoundation.org, www.harvard.edu, www.Google.uk, www.Dekora.fashion, www.Bse.london, www.Toureiffel.paris, abc.xyz, www.yoursite.club, www.brians.photography etc.
See below screenshot to see an example of an unavailable domain name
I wanted to give www.jackiesphotography.com for the photography website name.
But .com is not available. However jackiesphotography.tv or.org and so many extension were available. Now I can buy any one of these domain name other than .com, Because someone already registered that .com domain name.
So, I tried a different one. Instead of .com, I used .photography.
Yes. That domain name was available & I can register it.
If you want .com domain name only, then just try with different words or add something on it.
Get it & share that address with your friends.
6. Create a Photography Portfolio
You can use Wix Pro Gallery app for your Portfolio.
You can link every portfolio to a separate link and you can insert comments, share, love, like and more.
You can add 3D galleries, amazing photography enhancing stuff and more.
You can also use list element as a portfolio
You can use your own creativity to make the portfolio look amazing and Wix give you full freedom.
7. Create a Photography blog
You can create a photography blog on the same website. Create a separate page & name it blog. Insert the blog element to there.
You can create a separate category like fashion photography, wildlife photography, wedding, pregnancy, baby photography etc. You can tag similar posts.
You can use different layouts and templates for blogs. Many blog element templates are optimized for photography.
Now start to write your blogs.
You can insert your blogs anywhere with a specific category or recent post only or your selected posts only
If your blogs started to get traffic, you can apply for Google Adsense or Media.net | Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads any other ads.
Once Google Adsense is approved from Google, then you no need to worry about its codes to integrate the ads. There is a Google Adsense app available on Wix app store & it is Completely FREE forever. You can add it in one click.
Once you add your ads to your website, you start to make money.
Delete unnecessary pages or add new pages or hide pages from the menu using site menu settings.
8. Add Photography Related Apps For More Functionalities.
The real power of Wix photography comes from its app store. Surprisingly most of the apps are FREE!
Wix included a lot of photography-related apps.
You can use those apps without any experience & those are FREE. While you are editing, it gives you 1-minute videos. So you no need outside tutorials. Here some more image related app examples.
Tip:- You can use Google drive as external storage for your images using Wix dropbox app
If you need 1000’s of GB storage, then don’t worry. Wix offers you many options like third-party storage seamless connection. Just create a Dropbox account, there you will get unlimited storage in the scale of TB. Upload to Dropbox, then you can sign or show your dropbox images on your Wix website & use it as just like the normal photo you upload..! Whenever you upload to Dropbox, it will automatically available on your Wix photo folder..! You can use those photos anywhere.
After connecting your Dropbox, it will auto-sign. You can delete that app at any time.
Now You Just Created a General or Typical Photography Website. Usually, most of the photographers make Homepage, contact information, Portfolio or Clients Testimonials. Now you can do those things. However, If You Want More Advanced Options Like client membership account with eCommerce features or payment system, Marketing Automation, Then Continue to read, Otherwise stop reading & get start to create your website
9. Create The Ultimate Photography Website Including Online Store & Automated Print Photo On Things Delivery
Let’s make your website highly professional. The steps are given below.
1. The Client Will Book a Session.
2. You Shoot a Lot Of Photos
3. Then You Create a Page or Album for Them With a Password Protection
4. You Send a Message to Your Clients with Their Album Web Address With Password
5. Your Clients Go Their Home. Start to view all photos & Discuss. (You can set Photos to get watermarked)
6. Next, They Order digital Photos or physical Prints or Photo Frames, Mug prints, Shirt photo prints or any clothing Prints on your website. (Once they order, the watermark will disappear)
7. In case you don’t have a photo frame or print on things like mugs or clothes, then Wix will do it automatically for you using third-party Print-on-demand services.
8. Deliver Is Automatic. You no need to take care of it…! The Wix connected print on demand company will do the delivery. You get the payment Minus the original cost of that print things.
9. You can also sell your artwork or any physical or digital goods or services including recurring payment services.
Here is an example screenshot.
Step by step Guide. Let’s begin to make that system.
1. The Client Will Book a Session on your website. The booking system is not required if you prefer to take orders via email or phone. (Tip: You can set up multiple booking allowed at the same time/session by adding more staffs, hence you don’t miss any orders even that time someone already booked. So, at that busy time you take your friends help to shoot & do more business)
Use Wix Booking app & integrate on your website in a few clicks. They can book with information like date, time duration, location, services etc.
Remember, the booking system and the below steps are NOT related. If you don’t like the booking system, then just add your contact information & receive orders via email or phone, Then follow the below steps.
2. You meet your clients & Shoot a Lot Of Photos
3. Then go to your website & Create a new Page. Name it as your customer name.
or you can make the main page & name it “people”, Then under that page create your client’s pages.
You can drag & drop the pages to change the position or drag right side to make subpages under a page.
Next, click on the 3 dots, then you will see different page options. click Setting.
Once you clicked on the setting option, you will see this box. Go to permission. Click Password holders. Then set any password you want. After click Publish (On top right corner the publish button is located)
Next, go to SEO, Scroll down & see URL.
Right Click on “Got To URL”, & copy link address
When you clicked on copy link address, the page web address will get copied.
Save the information on any a file
URL – https://www.jackclimaxphotography.com/david-smith/
Password – ds20
But now don’t send this information to your clients now. Because you need to insert the art store on that page.
Insert The Art Store
Go to Wix app store & search “Wix art store” You will see Wix Art Store by Wix. Click Add to site. It will add to the page you opened.
Next, you will see the art store on the page. You can drag & drop to change the position like Up & down or use side corner to increase or decrease the size.
Right-click on the art store & you will see all the options. Click Settings
Next you will see choose what you want to sell. Click Digital & Prints.
Next Click Ok
Next, you will see the art store set up. Add more images.
Next, Delete the sample images. Upload your client’s images. After, Click done. The done button is on the bottom, you may not see unless you scroll the box scroller. Press F11 to make fullscreen. So that you will see the done button.
Press F11 to make full screen. Then the done button will appear (In case you are using small screen upto 15.6-inch screen)
Next click Set prices.
See Start Selling option -> Click Manage Store. You will see your store info fields. Fill out.
Set up watermark with your studio name.
4. You Send a Message to Your Clients with Their page URL & Password.
URL – https://www.jackclimaxphotography.com/david-smith/
Password – ds20
When they go to the page URL, this password box will appear. If they enter the password that you have given to them, then only the page’s inside photos will appear.
5. Your Clients Go Their Home. Start to view all photos & Discuss.
6. Next, They Order Photos or Prints or Photo Frames, phone case, Art poster, Canvas wrap, Metal Print, Mug prints, Shirt or any clothing Prints on your website. They Can See Different Frames, Prices & Everything. They Can Order Again Whenever They Want Without Wasting Your Time As Well As Their Time. (The download or right click is disabled & your studio’s watermark mark will appear on all photos, So they don’t take the screenshot. But when they order, the Water-Mark will automatically disappear.)
Wait… what if you don’t have phone case print, metal print, cloth print like services/products?
Don’t worry, Wix will do it automatically for you using third-party service Print on-demand services. …!!!
You can set your own prices. When your client order, the order will go to both you & print on demand. But your customer thinks you are giving that service & the third party company name never revealed.
(You can track everything. In case they don’t deliver, Wix will take immediate action. The quality is good enough to satisfy your customers. I already bought and tested all the samples. Wix made deals with the best services, So you no need to think more about the quality.)
For example, if they order a phone case, then automatically the Wix connected third party will create the phone case of your client’s photo ( Because you already uploaded on your website & They get the photo from the order.) & they will deliver on behalf of your studio..! You no need to worry about anything.
The payments are secure.
Note: Shipping charge is included in $25.30. (It is not extra)
7. If you have a photo frame or print on things like mugs or cloth-like services, then you can start your own store on the same website using the Wix store app.
8. You get the total amount of the product Minus the original cost of that print things.
9. You can also sell your artwork or any physical or digital goods or services including recurring payment services.
Start Email Marketing & Increase Sales
You can use Wix shoutout email marketing tool to reach your client’s or give them offers, new updates, monthly review or your company milestones etc.
Email marketing automation made so easy, within a few clicks you can start the online marketing. There are 100’s of ready made fully optimized email templates available for free. Just edit your company name & send it or automate it..!
If you did all these things, then your website becomes one of the best professional photography websites in the world. Because print on things is very new. Most of the photographers don’t know this is how easy.
Yup..! Now you just created Your Own Highly Professional Photography Website…! You can share with your friends and clients. Start to kick off your photography business. If this tutorial helped you, then please comment below with your website name. So that I can feel, Yeah.. ! My tutorial really helping people.
The First Method Wix Photography is Recommended for Photographers. Because It is Quick & Easy. Also, Affordable. But If you want advanced control over your website & Ready To Learn at least 10 Days, Or Want To become a Professional Web designer, Then Go for the 2nd Method WordPress Below.
Hi… I am Jack, Founder/Editor at WebsitebuilderLy, An entrepreneur with 12 years of Website Creation, Management, Marketing Automation & App Development Experience.