Do you want to create your own photography website? Don’t worry. In 2020, you don’t need any technical skills even if you want to build a highly professional photography portfolio website..! In fact, it is easier than Photoshop..!! If you want to make amazing photography or its portfolio or any related photographer website, then you are in the right place. We updated 2020 latest technology. So, forget everything, Just follow this post, you are able to create your dream website.
After reading the first section of this page, You can make a Typical or General Photography Website & Portfolio. If you read this entire page, then you can do anything including selling photos Online from your website, Art Store, Inserting a booking system, your studio business website, Make Money from your website using Google Adsense or other ad networks, Amazing 3D Portfolio, photography blog, Tours, Inserting Instagram feed on your website, all Social media stuffs, Promoting your photography brand etc Without any skill…!
Do you want to make exactly like Brandon Stanton website?
or Thomas Vijayan Website?
or any popular photographers like Said Mhamad, Mario Testino, Murad Osmann, Paul Nicklen, Chris Burkard, Steve McCurry, Clark Little, Terry Richardson, Katie Orlinsky? Or best photographers in NewYork like Michael Kormos Photography website or David Noles Photography website? or any general photographers site in your area?
(Note:If you own a good website, then your studio name will come first on Google even you don’t get enough reviews)
Or Want to create a niche photography site only like a travel photography website? wedding photography, Pregnant photography, Fashion Photography, Food Photography, Architectural photography, Candid photography, Documentary photography, Landscape photography, Night-long exposure photography, Conceptual/ fine art photography, Portraiture, Sports, Street, War, Wildlife, photo-journalism, Photo-blog, or want to include everything?
Yes, You can..! Once you finished this page, you are able to make any type of website..! You can create within a day..!
After you read this page, You are able to make the site not just like other photographer’s websites only, but you can build a great website as your own imaginations, creativity or dreams more than those famous photographers..!!
In this page, I guided ( with step by step) the best 3 Different Methods To Make Your Own Photography Website Yourself. So that you no need to read any other web design tutorial. Because mainly these 3 methods exist.
(Choose The One Method You Liked)
- The first method is too easy. You can make a website A-Z within 50 minutes. It is Quick & Easy. No Skill required. Easier than photoshop. You can learn, create, publish, run, Client proofing-management, sell photos, frames, printing on any things & start to promote within a day.
- The 2nd method is so advanced, but a little bit difficult than the first one. You can do almost anything you imagine..! No coding skill required. But you may need 3 to 6 days to get familiar with it.
- If you are not satisfied with those 2 methods & you need some support then Contact Us.
We will install 5 different website builders on the same website…!! Unlimited Features..! Once we set up your website, then You can use all at the same time…! & Also speed, security, No downtime even in the sudden traffic, serverless cloud pre-auto-scaled hosting with LXD container & more exciting technology you can get from us. (But Never ever contact your local web designer, Because 99% of them use the very similar to 1st & 2nd method that you can do it yourself by just following this guide without any skill in a few hours)
Get Free Support
How This Tutorial Will Help You?
- You can sell photos, prints, frames, creating image management, Promotion, Amazing portfolio and everything as a photographer requirements using the latest 2020 technology. You no need any coding skill to do this & it is easier than you might think.
- These ways are the best methods in the world. So you no need to worry about the end-website & technical aspects.
- In this page, I showed how you can create your photography website using different methods. So Choose the one you liked
- Millions Of Websites Already Created Using these Methods..! So you no need to worry about Reputation or Trustworthiness.
- I explained step by step with no step skipped. So No Confusion.
- If you got any problem, you can comment below & get a response within 24 hours directly from the Author or send your problem to the contact page. If you want to contact me, then you can shoot a mail to my personal email firstname.lastname@example.org So No Fear.
Now Forget everything, Just follow this tutorial
Okay… Let’s begin with the first method
Using Wix Photography
Wix is the easiest true 100% drag and drops website builder in the world. There are none other website builders easier than Wix that I can bet you..! If you want a quick & easy website builder, then Wix is the perfect choice for you.
Wix integrated a separate section for Photography. This motivated many top photographers to create their website using Wix.
Wix included much-advanced drag and drop tools and software. Also, It is a standard method. Using this method already 100+ million websites created.
Let’s see how to make a website using Wix with step by step.
1. Create An Account & Pick a Photography Template
Required Time:-30 → 40 Seconds
Go to Wix Photography, then Click Get Started & Create an account.
Enter your email & password or sign up with google or facebook account.
After signing up, sometimes Wix show you two option like this. then choose Wix Editor – Choose a Template
Next, you will see to pick the photography website template you love. Don’t think too much & waste your time. Because It is 100% drag & drop, so template doesn’t matter, you can modify later.
Just hover on the template, Then you will see Edit or View. Click Edit.
Once you clicked on edit, it takes a few seconds to load the site builder editor. Wait until it is loaded. Once it is loaded, it will show you a 2-minute video tutorial. You must watch that video.
After watching the video, click start now. Then you will see the site builder editor.
2. Edit The Photography Template
Here is the screenshot of the editor.
- Click on the text ⇒ Delete the old text ⇒ Edit the text you want.
- Click on the text (Or any elements like images, button etc) ⇒ Right click ⇒ You will see all options like edit text, Animate, Overlapping items and more. See this screenshot.
Now start to Build Your Own Website using Ready-Made Drag & Drop Functions.
Click Plus (“+”) Button to add web elements like text, image, button, gallery, contact form, menu, video, music, blog, payment system or click more for 100’s of web apps for your website. I highly recommend you to watch every video that you will see on the site editor.
- Click on More (at the end) and see hundred more amazing functions.
- You no need to learn anything.
- Just click which function you want.
- This will add to your webpage automatically
- Then you can Drag & Drop to change its position.
- Within all functions Hundreds of different types available & Every type you can make thousands of customization..!!
- You no need to worry about anything. Here you will get everything, Your work will be crazy something & the surprising thing is you can make anything with nothing.
- You can change or add any images.
- You can change the background with stunning designs. Here hundreds of wonderful background design collections will make you excited.
- You can also change the color of each design.
To add more pages or edit different pages, go to top the menu & navigate which page you want to edit.
3. Upload Your Photos, Manage And Customize The Gallery
You get a lot of gallery related options on the site editor.
There are many media and gallery settings that give you more control over your photos.
Layout settings make your website to look better like your needs and dreams.
First Publish your website & get a domain name, Then add apps & do more thins. Because if you upload your photos and adding apps, then sometimes Google will index your photos & text. After you get your domain, then all your pages & images web address will change. So it will badly impact on your website. I highly recommend you within 1 or 2 days publish it & get a domain name, Otherwise, when you want to upgrade & getting a domain, you may face some problems. It is not Wix problems, But the Google & other search engine works like that.
4. First Publish Your Photography Website, Then Do More Things
Once you make something on your web page, you should either save or publish your site. Otherwise, your work will get discard..!!
Publish means to make your site publicly accessible. No one will get your website at the beginning. Google always index slowly for newer sites.
- It takes at least 1 week to get appear Your website on Google
- If your website shared by many people & linked on many sites like news channels or any trusted website, then you must have something good information on your website. So Google gives more importance to your website pages.
- Remember, Google considers website age also as one of the factors to give a higher index to your site. So, publish your website first.
Google always index slowly to avoid spam or untrustful websites.
So Publish Your Website now, before it is too late or before your competitors take your position.
At the beginning you may make several mistakes, that doesn’t matter.
Click Publish button that is in the Top Right Corner that I showed with red arrows
Once you clicked on publish button, you will see this box.
Click Upgrade Now, That I showed with a red arrow.
Once you clicked on Upgrade Now Link, you will see this page.
I recommend you to buy the Unlimited plan.
Click on buy now. Fill out the details of your card information.
Click Submit purchase to get your hosting.
Once you submitted purchase, you will get all the information to your email (The Email that you used to create your account at the beginning)
Read twice your email. click the link that is given in the email.
5. Get a Domain Name
Next, you will see to get your domain name for completely FREE. (Usually, a domain name costs around $12-$15/year)
Once you clicked on “Buy a New Domain” You will see a search bar.
There you just type, which name you want to give your website.
Most of the time, you may see the domain name is not available.
Because someone who already registered that domain name.
Domain name is your website home page URL or your website address. Example:- www.google.com, www.selenagomez.com, ducktoluck.com, websitebuilderly.com. No need to take .com only. there are many wonderful domain exstensions available other than .com. E.g www.gatesfoundation.org, www.harvard.edu, www.Google.uk, www.Dekora.fashion, www.Bse.london, www.Toureiffel.paris, abc.xyz, www.yoursite.club, www.brians.photography etc.
See below screenshot to see an example of an unavailable domain name
I wanted to give www.jackiesphotography.com for the photography website name.
But .com is not available. However jackiesphotography.tv or.org and so many extension were available. Now I can buy any one of these domain name other than .com, Because someone already registered that .com domain name.
So, I tried a different one. Instead of .com, I used .photography.
Yes. That domain name was available & I can register it.
If you want .com domain name only, then just try with different words or add something on it.
Get it & share that address with your friends.
6. Create a Photography Portfolio
You can use Wix Pro Gallery app for your Portfolio.
You can link every portfolio to a separate link and you can insert comments, share, love, like and more.
You can add 3D galleries, amazing photography enhancing stuff and more.
You can also use list element as a portfolio
You can use your own creativity to make the portfolio look amazing and Wix give you full freedom.
7. Create a Photography blog
You can create a photography blog on the same website. Create a separate page & name it blog. Insert the blog element to there.
You can create a separate category like fashion photography, wildlife photography, wedding, pregnancy, baby photography etc. You can tag similar posts.
You can use different layouts and templates for blogs. Many blog element templates are optimized for photography.
Now start to write your blogs.
You can insert your blogs anywhere with a specific category or recent post only or your selected posts only
If your blogs started to get traffic, you can apply for Google Adsense or Media.net | Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads any other ads.
Once Google Adsense is approved from Google, then you no need to worry about its codes to integrate the ads. There is a Google Adsense app available on Wix app store & it is Completely FREE forever. You can add it in one click.
Once you added your ads on your website, you start to make money.
Delete unnecessary pages or add new pages or hide pages from the menu using site menu settings.
8. Add Photography Related Apps For More Functionalities.
The real power of Wix photography comes from its app store. Surprisingly most of the apps are FREE!
Wix included a lot of photography related apps.
You can use those apps without any experience & those are FREE. While you are editing, it gives you 1-minute videos. So you no need outside tutorials. Here some more image related app examples.
Tip:- You can use Google drive as external storage for your images using Wix dropbox app
If you need 1000’s of GB storage, then don’t worry. Wix offers you many options like third-party storage seamless connection. Just create a Dropbox account, there you will get unlimited storage in the scale of TB. Upload to Dropbox, then you can sign or show your dropbox images on your Wix website & use it as just like the normal photo you upload..! Whenever you upload to Dropbox, it will automatically available on your Wix photo folder..! You can use those photos anywhere.
After connecting your Dropbox, it will auto-sign. You can delete that app at any time.
Now You Just Created a General or Typical Photography Website. Usually, most of the photographers make Homepage, contact information, Portfolio or Clients Testimonials. Now you can do those things. However, If You Want More Advanced Options Like client membership account with eCommerce features or payment system, Marketing Automation, Then Continue to read, Otherwise stop reading & get start to create your website
9. Create The Ultimate Photography Website Including Online Store & Automated Print Photo On Things Delivery
Let’s make your website highly professional. The steps are given below.
1. The Client Will Book a Session.
2. You Shoot a Lot Of Photos
3. Then You Create a Page or Album for Them With a Password Protection
4. You Send a Message to Your Clients with Their Album Web Address With Password
5. Your Clients Go Their Home. Start to view all photos & Discuss. (You can set Photos to get watermarked)
6. Next, They Order digital Photos or physical Prints or Photo Frames, Mug prints, Shirt photo prints or any clothing Prints on your website. (Once they order, the watermark will disappear)
7. In case you don’t have a photo frame or print on things like mugs or clothes, then Wix will do it automatically for you using third-party Print-on-demand services.
8. Deliver Is Automatic. You no need to take care of it…! The Wix connected print on demand company will do the delivery. You get the payment Minus the original cost of that print things.
9. You can also sell your artwork or any physical or digital goods or services including recurring payment services.
Here is an example screenshot.
Step by step Guide. Let’s begin to make that system.
1. The Client Will Book a Session on your website. The booking system is not required if you prefer to take orders via email or phone. (Tip: You can set up multiple booking allowed at the same time/session by adding more staffs, hence you don’t miss any orders even that time someone already booked. So, at that busy time you take your friends help to shoot & do more business)
Use Wix Booking app & integrate on your website in a few clicks. They can book with information like date, time duration, location, services etc.
Remember, the booking system and the below steps are NOT related. If you don’t like the booking system, then just add your contact information & receive orders via email or phone, Then follow the below steps.
2. You meet your clients & Shoot a Lot Of Photos
3. Then go to your website & Create a new Page. Name it as your customer name.
or you can make the main page & name it “people”, Then under that page create your client’s pages.
You can drag & drop the pages to change the position or drag right side to make subpages under a page.
Next, click on the 3 dots, then you will see different page options. click Setting.
Once you clicked on the setting option, you will see this box. Go to permission. Click Password holders. Then set any password you want. After click Publish (On top right corner the publish button is located)
Next, go to SEO, Scroll down & see URL.
Right Click on “Got To URL”, & copy link address
When you clicked on copy link address, the page web address will get copied.
Save the information on any a file
URL – https://www.jackclimaxphotography.com/david-smith/
Password – ds20
But now don’t send this information to your clients now. Because you need to insert the art store on that page.
Insert The Art Store
Go to Wix app store & search “wix art store” You will see Wix Art Store by Wix. Click Add to site. It will add to the page you opened.
Next, you will see the art store on the page. You can drag & drop to change the position like Up & down or use side corner to increase or decrease the size.
Right-click on the art store & you will see all the options. Click Settings
Next you will see choose what you want to sell. Click Digital & Prints.
Next Click Ok
Next, you will see the art store set up. Add more images.
Next, Delete the sample images. Upload your client’s images. After, Click done. The done button is on the bottom, you may not see unless you scroll the box scroller. Press F11 to make fullscreen. So that you will see the done button.
Press F11 to make full screen. Then the done button will appear (In case you are using small screen upto 15.6-inch screen)
Next click Set prices.
See Start Selling option -> Click Manage Store. You will see your store info fields. Fill out.
Set up watermark with your studio name.
4. You Send a Message to Your Clients with Their page URL & Password.
URL – https://www.jackclimaxphotography.com/david-smith/
Password – ds20
When they go to the page URL, this password box will appear. If they enter the password that you have given to them, then only the page’s inside photos will appear.
5. Your Clients Go Their Home. Start to view all photos & Discuss.
6. Next, They Order Photos or Prints or Photo Frames, phone case, Art poster, Canvas wrap, Metal Print, Mug prints, Shirt or any clothing Prints on your website. They Can See Different Frames, Prices & Everything. They Can Order Again Whenever They Want Without Wasting Your Time As Well As Their Time. (The download or right click is disabled & your studio’s watermark mark will appear on all photos, So they don’t take the screenshot. But when they order, the Water-Mark will automatically disappear.)
Wait… what if you don’t have phone case print, metal print, cloth print like services/products?
Don’t worry, Wix will do it automatically for you using third-party service Print on-demand services. …!!!
You can set your own prices. When your client order, the order will go to both you & print on demand. But your customer thinks you are giving that service & the third party company name never revealed.
(You can track everything. In case they don’t deliver, Wix will take immediate action. The quality is good enough to satisfy your customers. I already bought and tested all the samples. Wix made deals with the best services, So you no need to think more about the quality.)
For example, if they order a phone case, then automatically the Wix connected third party will create the phone case of your client’s photo ( Because you already uploaded on your website & They get the photo from the order.) & they will deliver on behalf of your studio..! You no need to worry about anything.
The payments are secure.
Note: Shipping charge is included in $25.30. (It is not extra)
7. If you have a photo frame or print on things like mugs or cloth-like services, then you can start your own store on the same website using the Wix store app.
8. You get the total amount of the product Minus the original cost of that print things.
9. You can also sell your artwork or any physical or digital goods or services including recurring payment services.
Start Email Marketing & Increase Sales
You can use Wix shoutout email marketing tool to reach your client’s or give them offers, new updates, monthly review or your company milestones etc.
Email marketing automation made so easy, within a few clicks you can start the online marketing. There are 100’s of ready made fully optimized email templates available for free. Just edit your company name & send it or automate it..!
If you did all these things, then your website become one of the best professional photography websites in the world. Because print on things is very new. Most of the photographers don’t know this is how easy.
Yup..! Now you just created Your Own Highly Professional Photography Website…! You can share with your friends and clients. Start to kick off your photography business. If this tutorial helped you, then please comment below with your website name. So that I can feel, Yeah.. ! My tutorial really impacting good on the people & the society.
In this page, you understand how to make a standard and professional photography website. But If you want not just a website that included photos but you want to create an awesome website that makes an Awe..ful WOW effect on users and they spend more time, so more conversion. (I can understand any creative photographers dream.) Then there is another easy tutorial for you. Click Below Button & Let’s start to kick off your Amazing Photography website.
Award Winning Photography Web Designs? (With Easy Tutorials)
If You want More Advanced Options or You Are Not Satisfied With Wix Functions, Then Click the above blue button. If you got any doubts, then comment below. If you need any help to make your website or you got stuck while you are building your website, then you can take our free help here. (Oh..! Why free? We are rich & we have a lot of time. We are finding a way to help people. It makes us happy.)
The First Method Wix Photography is Recommended for Photographers. Because It is Quick & Easy. Also, Affordable. But If you want advanced control over your website & Ready To Learn at least 10 Days, Or Want To become a Professional Web designer, Then Go for the 2nd Method Below.
Using WordPress (NOT WordPress.com)
How To Make A Photography Website, Portfolio, Photo Blog, Art Store & Everything In 2020 Using WordPress?
It is NOT WordPress.com. Never Ever Go For It. (Don’t Confuse, Just click the link given there) Because WordPress.com included only 100+ themes & 50+ plugins. But the Open Source Self Hosted WordPress (SiteGround-WordPress) included 70,000+ Plugins..! For FREE!, 60,000+ Themes..! For FREE!
Why WordPress For Your Photography Website?
- You can create almost any type of website in a day as your needs and dreams.
- 39% of all websites in the world are created using WordPress..! You can use WordPress as a CMS & Site builder at the same time by installing Elementor for free..!. So WordPress is the only one King in website creation method or platform.
- It is easy to use & included a lot of photography functions than any other website builder in the world.
- + Plugins,+ Themes..! + Uncountable Millions of plugin/templates/themes/apps from third party market place + Growing..!& more functions with huge free support tutorials, forums, FAQ’s.
- There are so many free photography themes available. You can change the template without losing your work. The template sets & fits your content and everything automatically.
- Not just WordPress directory, Outside also You can find lots of photography themes & tons of photographers related items on ThemeForest
- You Can Turn WordPress Into Drag & Drop Website Builder More Powerful Than Wix In 5 Minutes..! (How? – I explained below )
- If you need more storage or web hosting, you can upgrade at any time. there is no limitation. You can upgrade forever to cloud hosting Dedicated hosting etc. If you feel the price of the hosting is costly, then you can use external storage like Google drive. You can upload all your images directly to google drive. Then You can use google drive as external storage for your images using Google Drive WP Media plugin & it is free with 4.2/5 star rating. So that you no need to burn your money for more web hosting.
- Even Big Brands like Microsoft News Center, Walt Disney Entire Website, Facebook Newsroom, Star War blog, Harvard Gezzet Online, & all the following entire websites created using the WordPress – Mercedes Benz, Time INC, Tech Crunch, Bata, The New Yorker, BBC America, Sony Music, & Celebrities like Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Usain Bolt and almost all popular entire websites created using the same method..! Obcourse, This entire site WebsitebuilderLy.com is created using the WordPress.
- You can get Free unlimited subdomains & business emails on SiteGround.
- SiteGround provides you free WordPress Assistant with unlimited FREE support 24X7. Live chat, Ticket system, support guides, phone, email. Siteground won the 2020 Award for its extraordinary support. SiteGround live chat has an average wait-time of only 7 seconds & its toll-free number has an average wait time of only 5 seconds
- Image SEO Included.
- If you don’t have photo frame services or printing your client’s photos on iPhone case, Canvas, Shirt or any printing on things, Then still you can give those services & make money more & fast. Just create a free account (It is forever free) on Printful, then just connect it using Woocommerce & Printful plugin. Everything is free. When your customer ordered, then the order sent to both you & Printful. Then Printful will print & deliver. You no need to worry about anything..!! But their company name will not reveal. Your client thinks you delivered the product. You get profit minus the original cost of the material & printing service.
- There are millions of Pros that I can’t list here
But WordPress has a few disadvantages also.
- In the beginning, you may feel difficulty.
- There are a lot of plugins and themes. So you may get confused which one to choose (Tip: For every plugin, you can see all stats. Choose the one that is more downloaded, updated and with good reviews)
- In very rare cases different plugins do not match each other. (Solution is here:-In that case you just deactivate all plugins and reactivate plugins one by one. So you will know which plugin is creating the issues. Just deactivate that plugin and find the alternative to that plugin)
Okay.. Let’s see how to build a website using WordPress in an hour without knowing anything..! & almost free..!
Here is Outline:
- Sign Up For a Photography Configured Hosting (SiteGround WordPress Hosting)
- Install WordPress. (One Click Is Enough..!) (5 Seconds)
- Fill Your photography Website Details. (1 Minute)
- Create photography Pages and Blogs. (2 Minutes)
- Get Drag & Drop Editor. Turning The Basic Editor Into Amazing Drag & Drop Website Builder More Powerful Than Wix. (Appx. 5 Minutes)
- Get On Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
- Install a Photography Theme with client proofing & management.(5 Minute)
- Get Our Clever Picked 10 Best Photographer’s Plugins (20 Minutes)
- Promote, Start online marketing automation & Make Money (1 day)
Sign Up For This Photography Configured Hosting
SiteGround WordPress Hosting Is The best & affordable web hosting for photography related sites.
SiteGround Starting plan includes 10GB storage. If the storage exceeded, then you can upgrade for higher storage with a single click. 10GB is more than enough. Because everybody uploads videos on YouTube and insert it into the website. So for videos, you need Zero space. Most of the celebrities don’t upload all the photos on their website, Instead, they upload on the social media like FaceBook, Instagram, Pinterest and insert its feed on their website. It increases more likes, shares & comment on their photos. Also, you can use Google Drive WP Media plugin for free. Even you upload directly to your websites, then you can upload 1000’s of UHD photos.
Note: You don’t need too much space. 10 -20 GB space is more than enough. (Over the past 4 years I posted 100’s of tutorials & 2000+ photos directly on this site. Still, My entire site WebsitebuilderLy.com is 1.2GB including photos & everything. ..!)
Many web hosting like Bluehost provide you 50GB storage, but In 2020 I tested all top 20 web hosting. Their website speed, server capacity, latest technology, support are not as good as SiteGround.
Order Start-Up Plan. If you feel, your website will get more than 10,000 visits/month, then choose the middle one plan or 3rd plan. If you are a popular & your website gets lots of traffic, then you can go for the Cloud hosting. Don’t worry, you can upgrade or downgrade from any plan to any plan at any time without losing the remaining credit or money.
Note: Many web hostings give unlimited visitor/month features. But they limit other sources like RAM or CPU or any other factors. I already tested all top 20 hostings. Bluehost like hosting seems you to give more capacity, In fact, when you start to run the website, you will understand, that’s is not true. If you get more visitors, your website gets crash or billed you heavily & your site loads slower Because they use messy shared hosting. But Siteground configured with a strict hosting allotment & your site load faster than the other hosting sites until you meet the limit & they notify you before the site go down.
Once clicked on the Order button, you will see, enter your domain name field.
Type what name you want to give your website. This name is called the domain name or your website URL. You no need to choose .com for the last extension. In olden days, only .com .org & .net were available. That’s why most of the website ends with .com, but Nowadays 100’s of domain extensions are available like .club, .company, .agency, .photos, .photography etc. For example, you can take your website name as www.jacks.photography instead of www.jacksphotography.com.
Remember – Most of the times your typed domain name may not available. (Because someone already took that) Then it will show available domains, You can choose the best that fits your website.
Here is an example. One of my clients needed a website for his photography portfolio. He wanted JacksPhotography.com. So typed and proceeded. But the domain name was already taken by someone
When your the domain name does not available, then try a different one. You will see some suggestions. If you don’ liked the suggestions, then click on the .com dropdown and you will see all TLDs (Top level domains)
Select dot photography and proceed. (But dot photography is a little bit ($4) costlier than dot com.)
Many people prefer .com only. If you want .com then just add some words. For example, jackphotography.com is not available, So I added my client’s surname Cox also. That is jackcoxphotography.com.
Yes, that domain name was available..!
Once you find the available domain name, you will ask to fill out your information, password & billing details to register it. Once you created the password, Write it down. Because it is needed to log in & create your website.
Just deselect domain privacy & hack alert monitoring. It is unnecessary. (If you want, you can get it at any time)
Once you fill out the form, click on pay now. Once the transaction completed, it shows this message.
You will see the Order successfully submitted a message after you paid.
After go to your email & see order confirmation, receipt & admin login information.
You will see SiteGround Email with all details. Click login to your customer area link.
Once you clicked, you will see a login form.
Type the username that you got on your email
Type the password that you created when you are filling in your details on submitting the payment form. Click Sign In.
If you can’t sign in, you can take SiteGround help. Because now you are SiteGround Customer..!! & you have the email proof.2.
Time Required – 2 Minutes.
Once you logged in, you will see start with a new website. Select it & click Proceed. Once you click on Proceed button, you will see This page.
Select personal or forum or any option, It doesn’t matter. But in the second option, “Do you know which software you are going to use?”- Here you should Select WordPress. Then click proceed. You will see 10WordPress premium themes for free.
Select Any theme. Don’t worry, you can change it later at any time without losing your previous work, content & everything.
(After you can install any 50,000+ themes or templates, but at the beginning, you see only 10 themes, So that you will not get confused)
Next, you will see the WordPress admin username & password with login URL. (I hid with the dark mark)
Copy the login URL & paste into your browser. Then You will see this page. Enter the username & password that you just got.
Once you log in, you will see the dashboard.
The very first thing you need to do is delete default blog post example & unnecessary pre-installed plugins.
Click plugins. Deactivate or delete plugins. Because by default unnecessary example plugins pre-installed for demo purposes Those plugins make you confuse at the beginning and load your website slow. Don’t worry. If you feel, you need deleted plugins, then anytime you can install & activate for free from the WordPress plugin repository.
Once you clicked on the delete option, browser popups & ask you “Are you sure want to delete the plugin & its data?”
Then the very first thing you need to do is, delete the default blog post example
Go to posts menu & hover on the post already published..! SiteGround will automatically post for demo purposes. You don’t need it. They gave some resources that you can see here -> WordPress tutorials.
If you are curious, then Read & delete as soon as possible, otherwise, it will index on Google from your website. It makes the wrong presentation of your website.3.
Filling Your Photography Website Details
Time Required – 1 Minute.
Now Let’s Start To Build Your Website.
Go To Appearance – Customize
Click Site Identity
Fill your Photography site title & tagline. So that Google will show your website properly in its search results.4.
Create Pages & Blogs
Time Required – 3 Minutes. (Depends on how much you write).
Now I recommend publishing at least 2 blogs & pages. It may be anything. Just write you created your photography website today or any tiny topic related to your website.
Before you post, I suggest you set post URL or web address structure as post name. So that it looks simple and easy.
Go To Setting -> Permalink
Then select Post name & Save.
Now post your first blog.
Go to Posts – Add New
add a new blog post
Then you see this empty blog template field. Write your blog title and write the description below.
After I filled the blog content.
Now Create at least 2 Pages.
Attention:- If you don’t publish at least 2 pages, then the homepage cannot be created. So you must publish 2 pages. E.g HomePage & Blog page
Then Create another blank page, name it as “blog” & publish it. Then you can also create essential pages like
- contact page
- about page
- My News etc.
Just write title & publish as a blank.
Next, again you need to go to Appearance – Customize – Homepage Setting
Next, you will see your homepage displays option. Select a static page.
Next, come back to pages. You will see post page & front page labels. Because you just selected front page & post page on the homepage setting.
Now whatever you edit on the home or front page, appear on your website home.
Ok. Now Let’s create a homepage.
Oh.. !This is a website. You need a lot of web functions
Get Drag & Drop Website Builder
Time Required – 10 Minutes to learn, after that it depends on how you build. Generally 15 Minutes enough to create an amazing web page.
You can Install many website builders on SiteGround-WordPress Site Creation platform & turn it into easy drag and drop site builder more powerful than Wix, Weebly, Squarespace etc put together..!
One of the best free site builder plugin is Elementor.
Go to Elementor
Then download the plugin. & It is FREE…!!! (Do you want more options, more drag & drop web ready-made functions? Then you should download its premium version plugin – Elementor Pro (This Is 50% Off Link)
For more info: See Elementor 100’s Of Features
Next a popup will show you to submit your email & download. BUT DON’t Give your email. Just click below option “No thanks, I just want to download Elementor” Once you clicked, then automatically it starts to download.
Its size is just 2 MB. It will be in Zip file. But don’t extract. After the download, go to plugins – add new
next click upload plugin
Next, you will see choose file. Click Choose file, then select element zip file that you just downloaded. Then click install.
It takes some time to upload & install. Once it is installed, you will see activate button. Click Activate.
Once it is activated, go to pages & hover on the front page. Then you will see Edit option. click Edit.
Then you will see again the same boring editor, but you also see one new option – “Edit with Elementor”
Click “Edit with Elementor” to get easy drag and drop web editor with lots of ready-made web functions & templates for FREE.
It takes some time to load.
Then click setting icon.
Click Page layout – Elementor Canvas
After you selected Elementor Canvas Page layout, update it. A blank web page will create and default pre-loaded contents & everything will be removed. Next, you can create anything with your imaginations.
Drag & drop elements from the left menu to right page editor.
You should update whenever you made changes. If you close your browser without the update, then your work will delete.
You can install pre-designed pages by clicking add template
After you can edit the pre-designed pages as your wish. You can change or add or delete anything.
I installed a photography template. Within 5 seconds I created a new photography website..! Here is its screenshot. You can add or change the text, photos or any design in this ready-made template.
You can add your image gallery to here.
Go to WordPress- Gallery & drag & drop to the page side.
Here is another example. I installed a photography portfolio ready-made page template on another page.
Now your website is created. But if you want to add more functions to your website, then just install the plugins you want. How? See next step below.6.
Install Photography Related Plugins To Add More Functions
WordPress real power comes from its Plugins.
This is WordPress and you can imagine any function, then there is a ready-made plugin available for you & most of them are free. But don’t install too many like 50 or 100 plugins, It makes the website heavy and affects site loading speed.
Now you can search any plugin you want. For example, if you want Pinterest pin button on all your photos automatically on your website, then just type “Pinterest pin for images”, You will see 100’s of Pinterest related plugins..! Test which one you like. I recommend you to install the plugins with good reviews & with more download counts.
Then you will see Activate Button. click Activate.
Once you activated, then you no need to do anything. It automatically applies to your entire website..! If you hover any images on your website, then you will see Pinterest pin it or save buttons.
You can change the settings you want here.
Do You Want To get more photography related functions? Just type it. Activate the plugin you want.
Don’t install Gallery like plugins, Because, it is already there in the Elementor. don’t install unnecessary plugins just because it is free. Install the plugins that you really need.
Do you want social share buttons just like mine?
Just type social share, and you will get a lot of share bar plugins.
Do you want different galleries? Search Gallery plugins for WordPress, you will get many gallery plugins.
Do you want to speed up your image loading speed and total website?
Just install Wp fastest cache plugin.
If you got any issues then just deactivate the Wp fastest cache plugin. Because cache plugins sometimes interrupt with other plugins. or take SiteGround team help. They will help you for free. If they don’t, We will fix any your issues just for $2. Because we are so experts & confident, we can solve 99% of the WordPress problems within a few minutes. You can also take our help to customize or develop an amazing photography website to get famous or doing a great photography business.
Install Photography Themes/Templates (But Not Necessary)
There are 1000’s of free photography themes available. I don’t recommend free themes. Because almost all themes are simple, similar. I even don’t recommend premium themes. If you install Elementor, you can create almost anything including new theme itself. But there are a few premium photography themes included client proofing and other photographers friendly features. You can find lots of premium photography themes & tons of photographers related items on ThemeForest
I tested 100’s of themes. Finally, I liked these 4 themes.
Once you bought any of them, you can download at anytime & you will get updates forever with 6 month free support. The zip file will download. Don’t unzip.
After downloading any of those themes, you can install that theme’s zip file on your website under the appearance menu.
Click Add new, Then upload
Then click upload theme (Just like how you uploaded and installed plugins that I explained above)
Upload the zip file that you just downloaded & install.8.
Get On Google, Bing Yahoo etc.
Google and all other search engines are evolved so advanced, you no need to submit your website..! They will automatically crawl your website. But it takes some time.
Whenever new pages and posts published, slowly it will get index. It takes more than a week for new websites. Once your website started to receive traffic, then your small changes will also get index quickly like within a day or hours. In general, You no need to do anything.
But if you want to get your website index systematically, then there are many WordPress SEO plugins available for Free. I recommend Yoast plugin.
Yes. you are done…! now your website is available online. Sometimes Google takes at least 2-3 weeks to show in its all search results. But you can share your website link with your friends without waiting for the Google index.
If you want to get on Google as soon as you published, then you can submit your website to Google easily.
If you want to take your website even more functional or want to sell your prints, canvas, mobile case, photo frames etc, then here are quick steps.
1.Sign Up For Printful.com & It is FREE (Prinful help you to print on things. If you don’t have photo frame services or printing your client’s photos on iPhone case, Canvas, Shirt or any printing on things, Then still you can give those services & make money more & fast.)
3. Create a page for your client. Set up a password.
4. Create a password & send to your customer with URL.
7. Next, your client can order any of his photos.
7. You just take Coffee & everything will automatic including delivery. You will get the revenue minus the original cost for printing things on Printful
When your customer ordered, then the order sent to both you & Printful. Then Printful will print & deliver. You no need to worry about anything..!! But their company name will not reveal. Your client thinks you delivered the product. You get profit minus the original cost of the material & printing service.
See all options available on the dashboard. You will understand slowly. If you don’t understand, then search for tutorials. there are 100’s of FREE tutorials, videos available. You can master WordPress without any previous knowledge. If you got any problem, comment below & get a response within 24 hours.
In this page, you understand how to make a standard photography website. But If you want not just a website that included photos but want to creating an awesome website that makes an Awe..full WOW effect on users and they spend more time, so more conversion. (I can understand any creative photographers dream.) Then here is another tutorial for you. Click Below Button & Let’s start to kick off your Amazing Photography website.
Award Winning Photography Web Designs? (With Easy Tutorials)
The 3rd method is, contacting a highly skilled web designer. You can contact us. If you find those methods are difficult or time-consuming or not satisfied & you need some support then Contact Us.
We will install 5 different website builder on the same website…!! Unlimited Features..! Once we set up your website, then You can use all at the same time…! & Also speed, security, No downtime even in the sudden traffic, serverless cloud pre auto-scaled hosting with LXD container & more exciting technology you can get from us. (But Never ever contact your local web designer, Because 99% of them use the very similar to 1st & 2nd method that you can do it yourself by just following this guide without any skill in a few hours)
Hi… I am Jack, Founder/Editor at WebsitebuilderLy, An entrepreneur with 12 years of Website Creation, Management, Marketing Automation & App Development Experience.