Is Wix Music right for you? Let’s see. It is an easy to use website builder which helps to build musicians’, bands’, DJs’ & music industry-related websites without any skill or knowledge using ready-made web functions & an easy drag & drop interface. Many musicians created their own website using Wix. Before trying any service, you should read its reviews. We reviewed all music & its related features to decide if Wix is the right website builder for musicians.
- Can Wix Templates Touch Your Fans’ Hearts?
- If It Is Easy, Then How Easy To Use Are The Music Features?
- Are Musicians Selling Their Music Without Any Problems?
- Can Wix Music Really Help You To Distribute & Promote Your Music, Albums & All Your Creativity?
- Can You Manage It Yourself?
- Best Musicians or Band Live Website Examples Those Created On Wix Music (With Their Original Template Link)
- 8 Important Things You Should Know. Let’s start one by one.
Related post – 20 Best Band & Musician Websites 2022 & How They Created?
Can Wix Music Templates Really Make Your Fans Impressed?
We tested all musician, band, DJ & music industry related templates. They used the latest web standards.
Templates load faster than the average website. It got an excellent score on the website speed test. Here is an example template for mobile-friendliness and mobile & desktop speed test result.
If you look at the above test scores, you can see that mobile-friendliness score is 96 out of 100. This means your website will appear on mobile perfectly without any problems. All website elements will appear on any sized screens.
The second one is mobile speed. 97/100! In fact, getting above 80 is highly difficult.
The desktop speed is also good. 87/100 is really impressive. Most websites load very slowly on desktops compared to on mobile, but Wix templates load faster than expected.
Wix Music templates are developed to please the artist’s fans.
See a few amazing music templates
All templates are designed by professionals who knew about music tastes & trends. If you look at template designs, definitely you will find the perfect one that fits your dreams. But if you don’t find, you can add free web functions like awesome players, subscribe forms, autoplay actions, maps, animations, retina-ready colors & more.
How Easy Is It To Add Music Elements & Other Web Functions On The Website As Per Your Imagination?
It is easier than Photoshop, that I can guarantee you! See its site editor:
Using Wix Music, any school kid can make an amazing musician website! All you need to do is: just drag & drop the ready-made element. Put it anywhere on the page.
Wix offers you two different methods to create a music website. The first one is by using the drag & drop editor that you see in the above screenshot, and the 2nd one is Wix ADI (Wix Design Intelligence), which means allowing the Wix Artificial intelligence to design your website. In that method, you just tell what type of website you want to create and it asks a few questions to understand your requirements. Then, it automatically creates an amazing website for you.
In the traditional method, you need to select a template and edit or add the features you want.
Wix Music Features
Here are some ready-made music players: Spotify, iTunes, Soundcloud. They are all free.
You can add different music players. Within every player, you can change the colors, design & layout. You can also customize it with easy settings. Your choices are almost infinite! Whatever you can imagine, you can put here without any skill! It is not enough for Wix to satisfy artists. Its real power is in the Wix music app market!
There are many free & premium music-related apps. Here is a screenshot.
See Wix Music AppsYou can insert any of those apps on your webpage by clicking the Add App button. Not just 15 apps, either – there are 100s of apps available to make anything possible. You will get a lot more benefits on Wix. You can use 1000s of free music stock photos & web music background videos.
You should check out our Wix Main Review to know all surprising things those you should know if you decided to make your website on Wix.
Here are some of the main features of the Wix Music toolkit app:
Are Musicians Selling Their Music Here Without Any Problems?
You can sell your music albums, singles or playlist with your own prices. PayPal & Stripe services are available. PayPal business accounts are better for receiving money without any problems. Here is an example of a musician who sold his albums on Wix Music:
You can create unlimited albums, singles or playlists. Below, you can see a screenshot when adding a new album. This will easily recognize Google because it is done in a very systematic way. You can set your music for free or for a fixed price to download, creating discounts, offers or bonus items & many advanced options out there. In this screenshot, all settings do not appear.
You can sell your music, T-shirts or any items to your fans. Wix store allows you to create your own online store without any skill. If you want to sell any extra items, you don’t need to approach E-commerce solutions with costly services. Everything is here. You can sell any physical or digital goods. Here is a sample of Wix store settings.
Wix’s easy payment methods are really helpful for dummies who don’t know anything about website set up. Here is proof of this. Just look at the Wix PayPal app review on the Wix app market. (It is just like a Google play store, but here, Wix website apps are available instead of android apps).
Wix PayPal app got full of 5 stars with 497 reviews based on opinions from premium customers. This means the average rating is exceptionally high! See Wix Paypal App live reviews.
You can sell your merch from your website, also.
Overall, Wix Music is an awesome tool for musicians & bands. Payment & selling your music system is made so easy.
- 100% commission-free.
- Guest Checkout option available, so users can buy quickly without signing up.
- The price limit per music item is $2000.
- You can sell your tickets for your shows.
- You can set up your music album in different ways.
- Users can download your entire music at once. You can set up either an allow or not allow feature using this option.
- You can sell anything or start your own online store.
- Sell your merch by adding an online store to your website.
- One of the best electronic press kits is available.
Cons: We are searching for disadvantages, but still haven’t found any!
Will Wix Music Really Help You To Promote Your Music?
Wix recommends Soundrop to distribute your music. Soundrop is free and has tons of cool distribution features across top platforms.
Yes, you can sell, but how you will make money without customers? Soundrop takes care of everything. You can distribute your music directly from your website in just one click! Mainly it distributes Tunes / Apple Music – iTunes Music Store & iTunes Match, iTunes Radio, Apple Music, Deezer, Amazon, Google Play Music – Google Play Music Store & Google Cloud, Google Play Music Subscription, Shazam, Spotify, Tidal, 24-7 Entertainment. After that, you can view your approved stores & services on the music manager.
You can promote your music in many different ways. For example, email marketing, Wix shoutouts, etc. You can get subscribers through your website & promote your music to your subscribers & fans whenever you want. You can build an amazing email campaign in a minute using an easy email editor.
There are many business & marketing apps there. You can take advantage of all the benefits. In Wix, you can promote your music more effectively than any other music platforms. Using Wix Shout Out, you can get attention from your fans.
Wix also offers you a music promotional video template & maker for free. Within a minute, you can edit the video template & create an awesome promotional video for your albums.
- Automatic Music Distribution To 130+ Online Stores And Streaming Services.
Note: Wix will not directly distribute to 130 – instead, it distributes on main online stores. For example, 24-7 Entertainment will distribute on many platforms. (Don’t worry. Just one click is enough to make everything automatic; I gave more details just for knowledge purposes)
- When your fans download the entire album, it automatically downloads in a Zip format so that your fans can get your music albums faster than expected.
- WAV, FLAC, and M4A (Apple Lossless) files are ‘lossless files’ which are supported for distributing your music, but MP3 is not supported to distribute because Wix wants to keep your music files with the original quality & users can download any formats, but if you upload with MP3, it is not possible.
- Wix Music was made with the help of professional musicians, meaning that you will get the best music website practices. So, you won’t need to study more about online stuff; just read Wix’s music guidelines & focus on your music career.
- You can upload per music track up to 360MB. This means you can upload files without any problem, even it is very long music. (Usually, musicians will not upload directly to their website; instead, they upload on YouTube or musician platforms like Spotify. Then, they will just insert it on their website using Wix apps. Users can listen or see directly from your website without leaving the website. Also, it saves a lot of data on your website hosted server and so it saves your money as well as your website loading faster without getting heavy load issues)
- Wix ended its distribution service recently & started recommending Soundrop instead
- Some people have mentioned Wix Music stats delays, but it is not reported widely and only a few people have experienced this, so I think it is not a big problem. You don’t need exact stats at any one time, anyway!
Can You See & Manage The Entire Website & Everything On The Dashboard?
You can manage everything from the dashboard. You can change your payment settings, music or main website settings here. In one shot, you can see your live website’s stats. Here is an example of a musician who sold 18 copies of his music.
Here is another musician who sold 377 copies. (Just selling copies is not only your income. You can apply advertisement networks like Google AdSense or Media.net, etc, to generate more money from ads. So you can make money even you let your fans download music for free. In the below example, there are 250,000+ plays. This means, around $10,000 – $50,000 may be generated by ads.)
Wix Music Review Conclusion
Here is what experts & musicians had an opinion on Wix Music in one shot.
Music Templates & Designs
Ease Of Easy
Final conclusion: Musicians & bands really love the Wix Music builder. Below, you can see real musician & band websites on Wix. In my personal opinion, Wix is the best music website builder. I already tried it out; don’t waste too much time yourself! Just try Wix Music for free. If you like, you can upgrade with just a small amount.
We recently created a separate page for site examples. See 20 Best Musicians or Band Live Website Examples With Its Original Template Link Or How They Created?
Jack is the Co-founder of WebsitebuilderLy, a Software Engineer from Standford University, An entrepreneur with 12 years of Website Creation, Management, Marketing Automation & App Development Experience. Worked for the world’s leading companies such as Roblox, HTC, etc.